Thursday, November 11, 2004

Podcast1024: Resolution in Blue by Prent Rodgers

Since I'm a composer too, it's only fair that I put some of my own music into a podcast. This piece is called Resolution in Blue, and it was written for microtonal slide piano.

Now, since there aren't any microtonal slide pianos available, I had to simulate one on the computer, using Csound. I started with a terrific piano sample set from the McGill University Master Samples library. Then using Csound, I applied function tables to slide the notes around. The slides are similar to the way a slide guitar plays, with a long slide from one note to another, and a vibrato when it reaches the new note. Much more detail on my liner notes page.

If you want to hear the podcast directly, click here to listen or add this RSS feed to your iPodder or Doppler download window.

Visit my web site

Listen to my music