Saturday, November 13, 2004

Podcast1024: Wasatch Front by Prent Rodgers

This is another piece by me, Prent Rodgers. It's called Wasatch Front, and it was written for microtonal woodwind quintet.


The piece makes extensive use of glissandi to move from one key to another in a chord progression derived from the Partch tonality diamond. The movement is enhanced by simulating the Doppler Effect with envelopes that make the sound seem to be moving toward or away from the listener. I try to link the pitch movement dictated by the Partch scale to the speed of movement through audio space. Much more information in the liner notes on my web page here.
If you want to hear the podcast directly, click here to listen or add this RSS feed to your iPodder or Doppler download window.

Visit my web site

Listen to my music