Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Podcast1024: Tidal Falls by Jonathan Szanto

If you want to hear this podcast directly, click the MP3 logo: this RSS feed To subscribe, drag the Podcasting logo: this RSS feed
to your iPodder or Doppler subscription window.

Today's podcast is a piece by Jonathan Szanto, written for a dance performance. He writes:

Tidal Falls - I got called very late (4 weeks before performance) to create a score for a dance piece that already existed. The piece was metered, and has both metric and tempo changes in sections; therefore, the bulk of the piece already had an existing tempo/meter format. Flowing/falling water is the theme of the piece, including an actual working 'fountain' on stage that dancers go into. Water sounds were one of the requests.

I looked at this piece as a good place to try getting better at some of my toolset, especially in seeing what happened when I started working with a lot of multiple instances of soft instruments - how far could I task my poor little DAW? The main compositional/recording/mixing application is Sonar 4.
It's about ten minutes long. Listen and enjoy the wet goodness!

Visit my web site

Listen to my music