Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Podcast1024: Omar's Shuffle by Omar Y Los Bandelleros

If you want to hear this podcast directly, click the MP3 logo: this RSS feed To subscribe, drag the Podcasting logo: this RSS feed
to your iPodder or Doppler subscription window.

Today I play a piece I wrote, called Omar's Shuffle. When it was originally released a few years ago, I claimed that I had recorded it in a bar in Ajijic, Mexico, near Guadalajara. In fact it was all done on the computer using Csound and some sound samples. The tuning is straight Just Intonation, from the Partch Tonality Diamond. Details on the story behind the song, deceitful as it may be, can be found on my liner notes page here.

Note the trumpets playing 7:9:11 against the guitar's 4:5:6. And the sharp marimbas made possible by perfect attack times. All in fun.

Visit my web site

Listen to my music